Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

An interesting time!!

Sail Date: May 12, 2012

Dissapointed in the lack of shopping on the ship and when "special" sales held- very confusing. Overall the ship was really clean- but why the need to clean balconies every other day? If you pay for a balcony and then get noticed that you need to vacate between 9:30-1. When I called to Guest Services, the person wanted to argue with me about the fact that they can only clean certain times..Really????

Pros: The entertainment

Cons: lack of communication from staff

Recommends Carnival Valor? No.

The ship seemed "choppy". You should do your homework and know the layout. Who places a formal dining room over the engine room? Great idea for casino placement. If you ate in the Washington dining room, you needed to "pass by" the casino each time to go to Ivanhoe theater or the 2 stores on the ship.
Food started out great-but went downhill. It would have been nice to have dining room open for lunch other than when at sea and even then, only 1.5 hr window. I felt that I was forced to eat on Lido.
Had a balcony room- enjoyed the size, but needed twin beds and felt they were "jammed" in.
I would commend the Dining greeting staff- friendliest of all on the ship. I felt because our gratuties were pre-paid, ship staff knew they were guaranteed something and gave minimal service.
Enjoyed all the shows. Loved that there was a Comedy Club.