Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Frustrated

Sail Date: April 01, 2012

-Dining - I believe the automatic tip things has made waiters complacent, I can't even get a refill on my glass of water, much less Ice tea. Food was better than expected and a nice choice every evening.
-Entertainment - Was quite good, but 3 nights they only had 1 show, people can't find seats. They need to have 2 every night!
-On deck seating - They really need to make a policy that a towel doesn't constitute saving a chair. Hunderds on seats sitting with towels on them for hours. One young couple had 2 lounge seats, the hamock and the big round seat all saved with their stuff and they cycled through them. Security should be cycling through taking care of this ensuring all have an opportunity to lounge or sit.
- Buffet - They never opened all the lines up at lunch time only a few so it caused long lines. I had never seen this on other ships. The Pizza, Burito and Sandwich area's were very nice and good food!
- Would be nice to have diagrams of where in the ship you can get from aft to stearn without changing decks.
-Nice clean ship and cabin stewart did a wonderful job

Pros: The ship was clean and nice and food was quite good

Cons: Didn't stop at Grand Turk which was a stop we paid for would not have purchased the cruise with 3 stops for we had bee to all of them before!

Recommends Carnival Valor? No.

Entertainment was excellent, but as stated earlier having only 1 show on 3 nights and no show I believe 1 night was quite frustrating.