Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A great relaxing cruise!

Sail Date: January 29, 2012

My overall impression of the ship was average. The boat is smaller which is nice at times to get around easily and there were plenty of places to eat but not always open. The pool area is nice and also covered during poor weather. Drinks are expensive. The artwork was more unusual than other boats I've been on? I would consider this boat very average and still worth the money.

Pros: Balcony

Cons: Food

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!

We went to fine dining once and it was not so good which was disappointing. The other restaurants were just ok and not open at convenient times. I ate more room service than I ever have because of the time issues.
Getting from one end of the boat to the other is sometimes a challenge because you can't walk through all levels. The boat was very clean. The artwork is pretty odd on the boat - it's more unusual than other boats. I'd recommend improving that part.
Stateroom was clean, size was average, balcony good but a little small, very comfortable overall.
I mostly was interested in the casino so I can talk about that portion of the activities. The casino was fair and open great hours. The casino was also clean and 50% smoking was allowed. I would like to see better drink specials while you're gambling though. You get drinks free when you play A LOT of slot machines but I also dropped a lot on the tables and there are no perks there for drinks.
Staff was very nice overall - very helpful at all times.