Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Beautiful Trip

Sail Date: November 20, 2011

It was a great trip! The ship is a little older but looked perfect still. While it might not have all the new amenities of the newer ships it still had a lot of different features. It had a sushi bar, coffee bar, mini-golf to name a few specialty aspects.

Pros: Food, Weather, Excursions

Cons: Entertainment, Anytime Dining

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!

I was really disappointed with the shows. The magician was horrible, absolutely no personality and some of the show was inappropriate for some of the audience. The Motown show was pretty good, and we did skip out on the 80's show which we heard was good.
The dining room staff were no near as attentive as they have been in the past but that might be because we had Anytime Dining and didnt have the same staff everynight. Everyone else was wonderful
Loved being on the 10th floor! Walked right out to the pool every morning!
The food was great! The steakhouse was worth every extra penny, the best service of the trip and a wonderful meal. The only issue with the steakhouse was that we booked for 7pm and I got a confirmation for 7:30pm, so we went at 7:30 and they told me that we were suppose to be there at 7. Either way, we were still seated right away and had a fantastic meal. The Anytime Dining was an experience, this was my 8th cruise but the first time I did that seating. The first two nights were terrible, a 30min wait in a huge line to get seated and then another 15 minute wait if you wanted to sit "by yourself". By yourself, you get two inches from the next table away. It ended up working out, by the 3rd night there were no waits and we actually enjoyed sitting near different people every night!
George Town, Grand Cayman
This was at least my fourth time to Grand Cayman and I love it everytime. We did the Kayak and Snorkel Safari and it was awesome!
Don't Miss: Jay with the Kayak and Snorkel Safari did a fantastic job and the snorkeling was really good!
We love Cozumel, previously have done Playa Mia beach break which is always fun but this time we did Isla Passion by the Twister! It was a speed boat that took us out to a private beach. The beach was gorgeous, the food and drinks delicious and the staff wonderful. The power boat was probably one of the most fun excursions I've ever done. Wilbur, Jorge and Isabella were amazing!
Belize City, Belize
First time there, it was nothing really to see. We didn't do an excursion, we just stayed around the pier, shopped and had lunch. Shopping was terrible.
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
First time to Mahogany Bay and we loved it! Just did shopping in the cruise area and hung out at the beach and the bars!