Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

1st Cruise and loved it!

Sail Date: September 18, 2011

This was our very first cruise and we LOVED IT! We sailed the Carnival Valor to Grand Cayman, Isla Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. Some people didn't like the lay out of the ship as it is broken up some, but we didn't mind. The food selection was great, the employees very friendly, super clean ship and the rooms were cozy and the beds extremely comfortable. It was a great 1st cruise that we would recommend to anyone. made the purchase and paperwork simple and easy. Especially with the great email reminders.

Pros: So many choices for entertainment!

Cons: It seemed a bit crowded and the swimming pools were very small.

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!

The ship is a bit broken up and the swimming pools were all a bit too small. You cannot walk the full Lido deck as it is broken up into three sections. I also cannot believe how clean they keep that big of a ship with that many people. It was amazingly clean!
The food was excellent especially the unique selections in the main dining room. The 24 hour soft serve ice cream (or I call it ice milk) was the best! I LOVE ice milk and that alone made my trip!
Oh my goodness. I was afriad the rooms might be scary and cramped as we had an inside lowest deck cabin but it was anything but that. They were very comfortable and had plenty of storage space, including the bathroom. The bed was super comfortable and they clean your room twice a day- what service!
You can really tell the ship staff is there to help you have the best time/vacation ever. They have a staff memeber for any and every need you may have. From shopping expert to medical doctor (which we had to utilize).
I had heard that Carnival is the "Fun Ship" cruise line and it lives up to that reputation. They have an amazing line up of activities for all ages, and groups of people. I was never bored and could'nt seem to get all the activities in that I wanted to do becuase there were so many.
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
This island is beautiful, very green with many hills, however the tour we took just drove us around island and told us some history. The monkeys were not really that friendly and so I don't recommend visiting them.
Don't Miss: I recommend staying in the Mahagoney Bay port on the beach.
Our third favoirte port. They have the best shopping and snorkling! They will definatley bargain with you on shopping prices so don't settle and you cannot miss out on the snorkling.
Don't Miss: Snorkling at Moneybar is the best!
George Town, Grand Cayman
The Island itself is very flat. But a must see is the stingray bar. You must do an excursion to the stingray bar and swim with the rays It was the absolute best and you will never forgive yourself if you don't go. It was our favorite excursion of all the ports.
Don't Miss: Stingray Bar- Swimming with the stingrays.
Belize City, Belize
This was our second favorite port. Our VIV Tour to do cave tubing was amazing!
Don't Miss: Cave tubing is a must here and we recommend VIV Tours for that. They were great!