An ok cruise.

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Exotic Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 11, 2011
Ship: Carnival Valor
This was our 3rd cruise with carnival and 1st time for our mothers. The service that we have recieved on the other boats was not the same on this one. Though we will be booking another, and was going for our platinum status with carnival, we are looking into other cruise lines. There was just something about this paticular boat that was ok. The dinidg food was no wowing effect as on past boats. Also there was suppose to allow us all you can eat as on past cruises but when requested was told NO with a long explanation, unneccessary. One night we left the dining room due to the poor food. Also the other dining options were closed. I will say though the port of calls were awesome. Their private islabd of half moon cay(pronounced key). Grand turk not necessary to buy an excursion because you dock and walk VERY little to beach areas and shopping. San juan they have tours when u get off dock, different than the excursiobs on the boat. St. Thomas be prepared to pay for EVERYthing. $8/person to go from pier to beach. $4/beach. Tour xtra money. If you want to shop and go to beach double the travel fare.

The food on this boat was OK. This was my 3rd
Carnival Cruise and this was not my fav at all. The food quality was ok and though it was suppose to be all yOu want when requested more of something, was denied.

Same.

ThE only reason why i am putting poor was because when i went to the desk to inquire about our next cruise on their new boat. She, Anna, didnt care to help me. She helped all
The other people standing around me. I am not very ypumg. I am 32 with a family. And NO i did not go with the kids. But she helped all these other older people who didnt even book a cruise. Though i was ready and knew which 2 that my husband and i were going to book. I did not because she refused to help me. Maybe it was because i chose to leave my rings/jewelry off but still i had the money to be on tge boat and to be on the next cruises.

The boat was always clean. The staff was ALWAYs busy cleaning up after the people.

We always get the ocean view rooms. It was the same as tje other boats. Always happy with those.
Wonderful.
Expensive. Overrated.
No need for an excursions. Beach is right there.
They provide everything for you.

Cons: Dining room not allowing us to have exactly what we wanted.

Recommends Carnival Valor? No.