Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Very Nice Ship. Well maintained (clean)

Sail Date: September 04, 2011

The crew was the best. I met a passenger coming off the Destiny on my flight out. The didn't like the food or the people. I thought the Valor had the best group of employees from room maintenance to entertainment.

I wish I had their names. There is a funny British guy who does the game shows and a great British gal who runs the comedy club.

The entertainers were the best. There isn't enough room in this note to do the entire crew and cast the accolades they deserve.

Pros: Good food. Great entertainment. FUN games.

Cons: NO FREE COKES. How cheap can you get. Not ALL Inclusive.

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!

Wish the dining and entertainment was all centered. Other than the long walk for these used legs (we were roomed in the front), I have little complaints.
The only negative was some of the late night food was under par. All in all, we enjoyed the variety at our full service dining. The buffet's were better than our all inclusive in Cozumel.
This was my first cruise. I was surprised at the space in the room (positive). Don't forget you can put your full size luggage under the bed. Great first impressions. I loved the balcony. I'll try inside next time. The front was a quiet location. But, you have to walk long distances. It's a tradoff.
EVERYBODY treated us with respect and made themselves available. I added some tips to the daily. They earned the encouragement.
There was some down time just walking around. But, if you kept the schedule in your pocket, you kept moving from one entertainment to another. We had FUN.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Not much to see. Don't over-spend. The TURTLE sanctuary was very nice. My wife turned into a grand-mother with every turtle she held. It was sweat. The submarine was a waste of time IMHO.
Don't Miss: TURTLE Sanctuary.
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
We only did the parachutes. Our tour guide was the best as we drove about 45 minutes away. A little expensive for less than ten minutes. However, as a retired airborne soldier, I enjoyed watching the folks first flight. FINALLY! My wife got a taste of my active duty life. :-)
Don't Miss: Zip Lines looked like fun and outrageous mountaintop launch. Maybe next trip.
Belize City, Belize
We toured the river and the temple site. It is not as good as Chechenitza in Mexico. But, the guides were good. I enjoyed the river (90 minutes or more). We had some fun spottings. But, I was a water baby all my life. Great Guides. Nice People.
Don't Miss: River run
We have a time share here so we just layed back since we'd seen everything before. The shopping center at the end of the boat was an unexpected pleasure. I recognized most of them as having a home store further north. YOU CAN'T BEAT THE SCUBA or Submarine.
Don't Miss: SCUBA and Submarine