Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Glad I Tried It Once

Sail Date: August 07, 2011

Clean, new, well built, organized, plenty to see and do,

Pros: fun atmosphere, lots of entertaining things to do, non stop food, extremely helpful and friendly staff

Cons: The whole experience was very contrived. I didn't like that Carnival seems to own EVERYTHING and consquently it felt like a very fake experience.

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!

The food in the dining room was always delicious, however the portions were quite small. The regular food on the ship was very mediocre but plentiful. I loved that there was so much selection and the 24 hour pizza and icecream was genius!
It was exactly what I expected it would be
The ship was huge, it was in excellent condition, things were spotless, however I felt that the layout was very inconvenient because there were only certain floors you could use to get yourself from one end of the ship to another.
Everyone was WONDERFULLY helpful, friendly, and competent.
Lots of options and very fun
George Town, Grand Cayman
I hated that everything was owned by Carnival and therefore was both overpriced and highly unauthentic. What I saw of Grand Cayman could have been any city in the States.
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
I was horrified to learn that Carnival owned all of Mahogany Bay! Every shop was the same as the last port and anyone who visited that place would have had ZERO clue what Honduras was actually like.
Belize City, Belize
Same problem - nothing authentic or real