Glad I Tried It Once

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Exotic Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 07, 2011
Clean, new, well built, organized, plenty to see and do,

The food in the dining room was always delicious, however the portions were quite small. The regular food on the ship was very mediocre but plentiful. I loved that there was so much selection and the 24 hour pizza and icecream was genius!

Lots of options and very fun

Everyone was WONDERFULLY helpful, friendly, and competent.

The ship was huge, it was in excellent condition, things were spotless, however I felt that the layout was very inconvenient because there were only certain floors you could use to get yourself from one end of the ship to another.

It was exactly what I expected it would be
Same problem - nothing authentic or real
I hated that everything was owned by Carnival and therefore was both overpriced and highly unauthentic. What I saw of Grand Cayman could have been any city in the States.
I was horrified to learn that Carnival owned all of Mahogany Bay! Every shop was the same as the last port and anyone who visited that place would have had ZERO clue what Honduras was actually like.

Pros: fun atmosphere, lots of entertaining things to do, non stop food, extremely helpful and friendly staff

Cons: The whole experience was very contrived. I didn't like that Carnival seems to own EVERYTHING and consquently it felt like a very fake experience.

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!