Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Week on the Valor

Sail Date: July 24, 2011

Traveled As: Family w/young children

My son and I (age 12) had a great week on our western carribean cruise on the Valor July 24 -31. First, I want to say I think the ship was in great condition. This was our first cruise, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I can tell you there were no signs of needed maintenance. The only item that I think dated the ship a little was the color pink that was still prevalent in many areas. In our room for instance they have update the carpets, curtains and pictures to introduce other more modern colors, but there was a metal trim all around that could not be easily replaced that was still pink, I noticed this again in the dining room chandeliers and other areas. Now they were in great shape but just dated it a little. The food in the dining room was good to great, which is a feat when you are trying to feed 3500 people. Rosie's, the cafeteria / buffet, was good but they would have made a few improvements. People have already mentioned sauces at the Mongolian Wok (stir fry line). Why not add sesame giner or teriyaki as a choice? Limited choices were dated. Pizza was not the best I've ever had but was good. Should add fries and chicken fingers to buffet as they made the grill line long at all times. Could also add some options to the burrito bar - think Chipotle! Excursions were also good to great including snorkeling, sailing and Great Race in Cozumel. Just wish there was time to enjoy a dinner off the ship but we never had a full day/night at any stop.
My biggest complaint was no matter what we were doing they were always trying to sell or upsell us. It got old after the first day!

Pros: Itinerary provided 4 stops

Cons: Needed more time at each location

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!

Sounded good online but the best activities wer very late at night (11 or later) which was too late for my pre-teen.
Would like a little more varied activities. I do not like shopping or drinking so there weren't alot of options.
Would give highest rating except for the dated colors in some areas.
Surprised by how much room we had. Plenty of storage.
If not for the constant selling, would get the highest rating. The staff were polite, friendly and eager to please.
Belize City, Belize
Snorkeling was unbelievable.
Don't Miss: Snorkeling
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Catamaran sail and snorkeling were good. Wished more snorkeling time.
Too hot for Great Race
George Town, Grand Cayman
Swim with the dolphins and stingrays were great.