An experience

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Exotic Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 14, 2010
Ship: Carnival Valor
Carnival Valor. The ship itself was great but the location of the stateroom left much to be desired. I realise that the oceanview is not the best quality stateroom but on the first deck forward it had its problems. Everytime the anchor was let go you coud hear it like a train going by under you. We ended up having one of our destinations cancelled. i appreciate the captain making the call due to unsafe weather but it was kind of boring. The food was pretty good but not fabulous. I was under the impression that it was higher end food not just food with a fancy name.

Not what I thought it would be. At the end of the cruise they sent an envelope to the stateroom for a gratuity for the Matre'D.....the entire cruise I didn't see this man do a thing except tell the serving staff it was time to dance or sing. They said it was tradition to tip him. Well, I believe in working for your money. I didn't give him anything but I did tip my waitstaff who did an excellent job.

The main shows were low grade at best but I understand it wasn't vegas.

All the staff was very helpful.

The stateroom itself actually surprised me. The size was comparable to any regular hotel room that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. They did an awesome job keeping it clean and keeping everything filled.
The Aztec warriors were pretty cool and you could take pictures with them.
Very tropical. Purchased a tour off ship because it was cheaper and the exact same as what was being sold on ship. The only thing was it wasn't guarenteed to get you back on time, but we didn't have any problems.
Don't Miss: The dolphin experience next to the turtle farm.
Took an off ship tour to Altun Ha Mayan ruins which were very cool.
Don't Miss: Altun Ha Mayan ruins

Pros: Food

Cons: Room location

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!