Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Not My Favorite Cruise

Sail Date: October 10, 2010

Ship was a good size & clean. Disappointed in ship staff, food, and entertainment on this particular cruise.

Pros: Seaside Movies & Ports

Cons: Food, Entertainment, Only 2 shops on board, not much selection

Recommends Carnival Valor? No.

The grill & deli food were great as well as the ice cream/yogurt, but the main buffet food and dining food was disappointing. Desserts looked great, but didn't taste as good as they looked. This is the first time I have been disappointed by the food on Carnival. Will consider other cruise lines now that we haven't previously considered. The food on a cruise makes a big difference on how the cruise experience goes.
Entertainment was lacking. Seemed as though they just tried to throw stuff together, very unorganized, and even the times for activities, food, movies, etc. were listed wrong in the Fun Times.
We had an interior stateroom. The bed size took up the entire room, not much space left to move around. The cabin steward forgot to leave the "Fun Times" and make towel animals almost every night.
This ship staff was less friendly and less willing to help (i.e. ignored in food lines waiting at the grill or deli, acting as though they were put out or too busy to acknowledge us). Our dining staff was friendly, but seemed very overwhelmed,, we did alot of waiting at the table for food. When I requested a hot chocolate I was told I had to wait until after the dessert was served, when I wanted it during my dinner. This has never happened on our other cruises.
Ship layout was a little difficult getting around on certain floors due to the dining room areas. Hard to find public restrooms, especially around the main pool area.
George Town, Grand Cayman
We did the Stingray, Turtle Farm, & Hell Excursion. The vans we were escorted around in were not the best. They filled them up completely utilizing the fold down seats in the middle which were uncomfortable for those sitting in them and it made it impossible for others to move around. Felt as though too much time was taken at the Turtle Farm so had less time at the Hell location - was rushed there.