Best Cruise Yet

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Exotic Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 19, 2010
Ship: Carnival Valor
I really liked the Valor, the decor was not my favorite but it had a lot to offer as far as bars, places to dance, and food options.

Food was excellent. The nightly dinners were the best I've had yet and this was my 5th cruise.

There are 4 comedy shows to see which were fun to go to. The Nightly shows were great, but mainly consisit of singing and dancing, it would be nice to see more of a story line. The casino was great. The dance club and piano bar were very fun also.

The staff was wonderful. Our cabin steward, Gusti, was amazing.

The ship seemed very clean to me and was easy to navigate. The decor could use some updating.

We were in an interior stateroom which felt spacious (for a cruise ship) and accommodated us very well.
We only went to the beach right off the port but it was very nice. It would have been nice to see the jungle of city near by.
I love Belize, but the port if rather lacking. It consists of many shops, but if you want to go to the beach it's about a 30-40 minute cab ride. There is a town you can walk into which is nice, but I would suggest doing a planned excursion.
Graet place to lay on the beach and beautiful waters.
Great snorkeling just a short walk from the pier at a place called Eden's Rock. You snorkel off the coast at your leisure and only pay $14 per person. The coral was beautiful.

Pros: The food was excellent and the staff was truly wonderful.

Cons: The nightly shows have great singing and dancing numbers but could use more of a story line to keep your interest.

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!