My honeymoon!

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Exotic Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 25, 2010
Ship: Carnival Valor
I would like to say overall I had a great time but mostly because I was on my honeymoon not because the cruise was awesome.

My first impression of the ship was "overwhelming" it was so crowded and full with loud kids & loud annoying people, it was a zoo. It's really disappointing that we spent so much money on this cruise & it really sucked.

Cons: The jacuzzi & pool area was full of kids running around and screaming. The adult pools were crowded since everyone was trying to get away. The buffet food was nasty, cold & there were huge lines of annoying people. The dining room wasn't any better.

The drinks were pricey, $7.25 for the drink "special" plus a "gratuity" is included in every purchase automatically. Are you kidding me? A tip is optional!!! if this "gratuity" is forced on me then its a FEE!!!!

My husband and I bought a $75 wine & paid a $11 gratuity, we poured our own wine and had to request the right wine glasses. It makes no sense to force a "tip" on service you don't deserve!!!

Cons: Being on my honeymoon, the steakhouse & leaving the cruise ship.

We will not be cruising anytime soon again. Save your money & fly somewhere instead.

Do not eat at the buffet! It's hard to have a relaxing ambiance when people behave like animals and I can't hear them speak across the room, this is not the cruise lines fault but geesh!!! All I wanted was a quiet meal to enjoy the ocean & sunset.

Cheesy shows, but cool piano bar & comedy shows.

They need children's programs to keep kids from running wild.

The ship is small, cheesy decor and pretty clean.

Beautiful! Stingray city was awesome!
awesome beaches!
Try Iguana, pretty tasty.
Cave tubing!

Pros: Spending time with my husband

Cons: Terrible food, expensive drinks, bad service

Recommends Carnival Valor? No.