Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

My honeymoon!

Sail Date: July 25, 2010

I would like to say overall I had a great time but mostly because I was on my honeymoon not because the cruise was awesome.

My first impression of the ship was "overwhelming" it was so crowded and full with loud kids & loud annoying people, it was a zoo. It's really disappointing that we spent so much money on this cruise & it really sucked.

Cons: The jacuzzi & pool area was full of kids running around and screaming. The adult pools were crowded since everyone was trying to get away. The buffet food was nasty, cold & there were huge lines of annoying people. The dining room wasn't any better.

The drinks were pricey, $7.25 for the drink "special" plus a "gratuity" is included in every purchase automatically. Are you kidding me? A tip is optional!!! if this "gratuity" is forced on me then its a FEE!!!!

My husband and I bought a $75 wine & paid a $11 gratuity, we poured our own wine and had to request the right wine glasses. It makes no sense to force a "tip" on service you don't deserve!!!

Cons: Being on my honeymoon, the steakhouse & leaving the cruise ship.

We will not be cruising anytime soon again. Save your money & fly somewhere instead.

Pros: Spending time with my husband

Cons: Terrible food, expensive drinks, bad service

Recommends Carnival Valor? No.

Do not eat at the buffet! It's hard to have a relaxing ambiance when people behave like animals and I can't hear them speak across the room, this is not the cruise lines fault but geesh!!! All I wanted was a quiet meal to enjoy the ocean & sunset.
The ship is small, cheesy decor and pretty clean.
They need children's programs to keep kids from running wild.
Cheesy shows, but cool piano bar & comedy shows.
awesome beaches!
Belize City, Belize
Cave tubing!
George Town, Grand Cayman
Beautiful! Stingray city was awesome!
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Try Iguana, pretty tasty.