Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

the best boatlife out there

Sail Date: July 01, 2010

Even though this was my first cruise ever taken, i am a connoisseur of superb customer service. I was impressed by the second night, my steward, Made 'Dge; waiter, Marjan and casino bartender Ionel knew not only my name but my friends (3 total). This personalized 'above and beyond' service can't just be ignored. The size of the ship was also suited for many walks of life. It housed a decent size fitness and spa center, casino (where i learned how to play blackjack for the first time), entertainment theatre and i can go on forever. My friends and i had to rally every day just so we could make all the entertainment offered to us because we didn't want to miss a moment. Lastly, i love to eat and when i heard about the buffet style dining, i was very leery. Fortunately, my anxiety was put to rest when i was met by an array of different cuisines and fresh fruit/vegetables along the mutliple buffet line. The dinner itself was superb and i was able to try dishes that i would be hesitant to try at a regular restaurant since our waiter reassured us that if we didn't like a dish, he can replace it with another dish on the menu. Again, another peek at carnival's exceeding customer service.

Pros: amazing ports, outstanding customer service, five star dining experience

Cons: summer vacation....aka children galore

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!

i stayed in the interior stateroom and went into this cruise prepared for a small living quarters. it's not a bad size but we were two girls with two luggages each and let's just say getting ready to paint the 'ship' at night was a cirque du soleil contortionist act everyday. The bed was also average but again, we went into the cruise knowing the size of the rooms and didn't expect pillowtop sealy mattresses.
the live shows at the ivanhoe theatre was great! it's hard not to get up from your chairs to dance along. the dance club was a little 'lame' since the dj could only play request from a 'karaoke-like' booklet and one night, i swear the dj was playing a CD that i owned when i was in high school called dancehall explosion 1999. The only saving grace about the night club was the bartenders made some mean drinks and we met some great guests.
The crew was always busy making sure areas were clear of finished drinks/trays. Like i mentioned above, the ship had all the amenities you can usually find at a 5 star resort.
If anybody ever boards the valor and loves chocolate as much as i do, try the melting chocolate cake...you'll thank me million times over. i'm still working through the withdrawals myself. lol
every single cruise staff we encountered were nice and had a smile.