Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Nice trip on the Valor 7/4/2010 Western

Sail Date: July 04, 2010

The overall ship was very good. The only problem we had, which was a big problem, was the noise in the room and the hall next to our room. We were kept up every night all night, all hours from 10:00pm until 6:00am. It was not a fun experience. The ports were good, with Cayman being the very best for water clarity. Maya Key at Hondorus was not clear at all, yes there were sand fleas, I have bite marks all over my legs still a week later, however seeing the animals at Maya Key was fun. Maya Key's pool was infested with mold. Cozumel, getting into the water at Playa Mia, was discusting, however, once you got about 30 feet out the water was better. Belize the deep snorkle was fine, I am a good swimmer, and it was a tough snorkel, the bannister island part of the trip was nice. The food and the wait staff at the formal dinning room were very good. The rooms were big, clean and cleaned twice a day.

Pros: Ports, Food Service wait staff, Clean

Cons: Noise in halls and close rooms at night

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!

George Town, Grand Cayman
sting ray swim and rum point beach
Don't Miss: swim with the sting rays
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Maya Key I would not do this again, very murcky water and sand fleas, I heard that Mahogany Bay was clear and tranquill
Belize City, Belize
nothing was a must see, we did the snorkel with Bannister beach, all was OK
Our trip to the Eco logical park was cancelled due to lack of interest, so we went to Plya Mia. I would not go to Playa Mia again, water was very murcky