Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Family vacation ruined

Sail Date: June 27, 2010

We have returned from cruising on Carnival Valor, departing out of Miami June 27, 2010. Due to our onboard accommodation in room 6363 our long awaited family vacation was utterly ruined. Every night, for seven nights we were unable to sleep due to the noise level of the live bands playing directly below our cabin. Did I mention we had our eight year old son traveling with us? The noise issue was reported to Guest Services the second night to which we were told there were no other rooms available. We repeated our request the third night out of sheer exhaustion. Upon arriving home I did a quick online search regarding cabin 6363on the Valor, apparently this is no mystery to Carnival. There have been numerous complaints over the years about cabin 6363, it is unfortunate we did not know this ahead of time.

I am utterly appalled that Carnival continues to book this room, especially to people traveling with young children. How could they be so negligent, do they not know that families save financially for months and look forward with great expectation for a week of rest and relaxation. I am amazed that Carnival Cruise lines could be so uncaring. Yes we were given a refund of $500 but our trip was completely ruined due to lack of sleep. We came home from our vacation exhausted, sick and irritable. How can they continue to book this room without advising potential passengers? I find this disgraceful and downright awful!

I expect a further refund for this trip, not a future on board credit. Carnival is well aware that cabin 6363 has extreme noise issues. Five hundred dollars does not give us back our vacation or sleep. Both my husband and I had to return to work this week sick and exhausted. It is hard for me to believe this has been going on for years.

Pros: kids camp, ports

Cons: see below

Recommends Carnival Valor? No.

Balcony room great size, if it wasn't for the noise issue it would have been great