Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

An unexpected experience

Sail Date: August 23, 2009

We cruise at least once a year. We have not cruised for several years on Carnival due to mediocre food and ship cleanliness issues. We selected this cruise based on itinerary, departure port and date, and price. This time we were pleasantly surprised to find that positive changes have been made. The food and ship cleanliness have been substantially improved. The entertainment was good and well organized. I would ordinarily recommend this ship except for one issued that soured the entire trip. One of the members of my cabin went to guest services and activated charging priviledges for themselves on my charge card without my knowledge or consent. When I confronted guest services I was stonewalled by the representative. Although the charges were modest, I feel uneasy about returning to this ship.

Pros: The food and itinerary

Cons: guest services handling of the billing - see review

Recommends Carnival Valor? No.