Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Ship Lousy Service

Sail Date: May 17, 2009

Room Type: Suite

this timed out on my last attempt. Not going to type it all again...but summary Lido Buffet was poor at best, no selection, people without shoes and shirts at buffet and eating. Dining room wait staff were the wrst we have ever had and food was just average at best. This is our 8th cruise and our 10th wedding anniversary trip. Our cake was delivered as a DIET Orange slice of cake...TACKY! Room service was excellent....Entertainment was great including ROGER in the sing along bar. Cruise Director made way to many announcements and were overly loud even causing the live music to stop playing and waking me up in my state room. Much more to say but I lost my last entry....Just an average cruise because of the poor service. Ship and decor was great!

Pros: Ship, entertainment, Supper club, room steward,dive excursions and ports of call

Cons: Wait staff, food quality, attitudes, very weak drinks and Lido Buffet

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!

George Town, Grand Cayman

Don't Miss: Diving or Snorkeling
Key West, Florida
Wish they offered a dive tour but it was a last minute change due to the STUPID Swine flu over exaggeration by the media....Loved Key West...An excellent substitution for Cozumel.
Don't Miss: Bo's Fish Wagon - Best grouper sandwich in the Southeast. Cash ONLY
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Poor Island, take a tour or don't get off the ship
Don't Miss: Diving for sure! Anthony's Key Divers pretty good operation
Belize City, Belize
Don't go into the city.....20 minute tender ride plus u really don't want to go outside the port gates
Don't Miss: Diving here for sure and possibly snorkeling, cave river float