Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

they get better and better!

Sail Date: October 01, 2008

it was my sixth cruise with carnival, my friend's first. when i asked her if she was coming back next year, she said "i wouldn't have it any other way."
the ship was beautiful, the decor fit the theme. it was clean, bright, and inviting.
the crew....what can isay? i've cruised with captain fazio before, and he was just as ingratiating and friendly as he was on my first cruise. my waiter, anatoly, kept us all entertained with his magic tricks...if you're lucky enough to get him, please ask him to do the wine bottle and the forks. it's amazing.
my cabin steward, rito, kept mine and my friend's cabin in super condition every day! always with a smile, always there when you needed him, and always anticipating all your needs.
and the entertainment! wow! the singers and dancers in the show were wonderful, and i even got a spot in the legends show...i was gloria estefan...and i enjoyed it to the hilt! i sing jazz and blues in new york, and i'm never happier than when i perform. this was my first legends show, i ususally do the other one, and the dancer they assigned to me was carl. what a sweet,charismatic young man he was! and what a great dancer! the dance captain, diana, did all she could to make us did sam, the karaoke lady, because this was a performance with a live orchestra, which i'm used to, but a lot of people aren't. but all the musicians, dancers, singers and the emcee, jeff, all worked hard to make us look good!
the just keeps getting better....creme brulee i'd kill for, lobster from heaven...all at the right temperature and texture.
i plan on sticking with carnival for the rest of my cruises, and now my friend feels the same way. they're the most fun and the least costly. odd, isn't it? when we were pulling out of st. maarten, at six pm, they had the orchestra up on the deck overlooking lido, and they broke into "also sprach zarathrusta" the theme from 2001, which they did the jazz version of.
there was a norwegian cruise line ship next to ours, and the people all rushed to the rail to look over and see what was going on on our ship! i think they were a little jealous! they were lying around on chaises and our people were partying!
it was just great...thanks to the entire're all a cut and a half above...and carl....keep smilin' and dancin'....
peggy buskey

Pros: everything!

Cons: nothing

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!