Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Would go again in a heartbeat

Sail Date: June 01, 2008

I loved cruising in the Valor. There are some great amenities--put put golf, volleyball, ping-pong, etc. The food was great and the wait staff was amazing. All the workers were so friendly. Our bed was really comfortable, with quality pillows and duvet. It was annoying that you couldn't go around the cigar room, but it didn't bother me too much. I loved the library, and I could usually find a quiet spot on deck to read. My husband loved that the Texas hold 'em table was no limit, and there was usually always a game going. I wish there were more TV channels, and there was a super-annoying incident when they made at least seven announcements looking for someone before 5 am. But overall we were very happy with the cruise. Bring your own alarm clock, and don't rely on your cell phone for the time--the cell service on the ship sets the clock an hour ahead of "ship time." We missed the show the first night before we figured that out.

Pros: Comfortable beds, lots of good food, fun activities

Cons: Loud toilets, dining room over the engines

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!