Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Nice cruise, very Wal-mart feeling...

Sail Date: May 01, 2008

Room Type: Suite

At the end of the day, we won't return to this class of ship from Carnival, and may not sail on Carnival again.

The food was the primary problem, it really was below par. This was my 8th cruise and I have to say that I had very few "wow" experiences.

Service was good, the dining staff and housekeeping staff know who is paying their paychecks. $70 in tips per person per week must add up for them.

Thus we come to the second problem, crusing is supposed to be all-inclusive, or at least somewhat so, but everything has become about the money. During bingo, they were selling two different raffle tickets and lotto tickets, and hawking second chance drawings during the game. They had the night show dancers out trying to sell tickets during the game. It felt very tacky...

The music was way too loud, we spent much of our time on our balcony. The ship was a mix of 20-25 year olds and 50-65 year olds, very few 40 year olds that we could find.

Speaking of our room, while it was nice, we were in a deluxe suite. Got a good price on it, so not complaining, but the bed was not comfortable and the balcony was very small for the largest cabin on the ship.

I understand that Carnival is the Wal-Mart of crusing, but I didn't expect it to have fallen this far. I last sailed on Carnival about 10 years ago, and think it is not as nice as it was.

Pros: Location of cabin, lots of food

Cons: Quality of food was poor

Recommends Carnival Valor? No.