Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Smokers welcome

Sail Date: January 01, 2007

I have been on 5 Carnival ships and this was by far, the worst one I have been on. The food was ok at best, the deli was the best thing about any of the lunches. They served under cooked and still bleeding turkey, moldy cheese and cold everything else that should be warm such as toast. The entertainment was duplicated on both " big" nights it was not very good the first time. If you don't mind lack of creativity and just repeats of old 80's videos it would be ok. The largest problem I had was the smokers were supposed to be limited to certain areas, they were not monitored and smoked on the decks next to you, in all of the hallways and no one ever said a thing to them. They were also allowed to smoke in the cabins, which because of the closed air system, forced me and my family to breath second hand smoke for the entire trip. When I addressed the issue with the purser, they just said, we are sorry you are inconvienced, but oh well.

Pros: Our server in the dining room.

Cons: They allowed smoking in all of the state rooms.

Recommends Carnival Valor? No.