Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

My 1st Cruise!

Sail Date: June 11, 2006

The 7 day exotic Western Caribbean cruise we took on the Carnival Valor was my 1st cruise ever. I was very impressed by the ship, the food, the service, and entertainment on the ship. The food was good and easily available ;-) We enjoyed the daily dinners in the main dining room. It was nice to have the same team serve us every night and to sit with the same people. The dining room staff provided the best service we have ever received anywhere (and we have consumed quite a few meals in upscale restaurants over the years). The ship was beautiful and always perfectly CLEAN. The only negative was that I felt like I was hunted by people trying to sell me stuff. I had originally planned to use the spa services everyday of the cruise: I got a facial on the 1st day and was attacked with such a hard sales pitch that I didn't return until the last day for a pedicure. Both the facial and the pedicure were disappointing: my land facials and pedicures are of higher quality. I also feel that we were "tricked" to buy land excursions in all the ports of call: all ports would have been ok just to walk around and explore and shop, but the cruise director made is sound like there would be "nothing to do" without a prepurchased trip.

Pros: The service on the ship was excellent.

Cons: Too much

George Town, Grand Cayman
Since we live in South-Florida, the port itself was not too appealing to us.
Don't Miss: Stingray City was great.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Since we live in South-Florida, the port itself was not too appealing to us.
Don't Miss: Stingray City was great.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Still very undeveloped, but beautiful.
Don't Miss: The Mayan Ruins were interesting.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
The beaches were excellent, but we could have just walked around & had a good time, as well.
Don't Miss: My 13 year old son loved the monkeys...
Belize City, Belize
The horseback riding was fun, but we could have just walked around & had a good time, as well.
Don't Miss: My husband is an experienced diver of 20years, & he had one of the best dives of his life.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Still very undeveloped, but beautiful.
Don't Miss: The Mayan Ruins were interesting.
Belize City, Belize
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Don't Miss: My 13 year old son loved the monkeys...