Smoke & Noise

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Exotic Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 14, 2006
Ship: Carnival Valor
Great ship, but vacationers over 50 probably should select another cruise line.
I've been here twice. Each guide has a nice take on why all the residences and businesses have bars on the windows. I did the cave tubing excurion this time. It was expensive but a lot of fun.
This is a made-for-tourists port. It is not Mexico (think Disney). But, you can still have fun. I enjoyed the bike/kayak tour.
The "West End" tour with a visit to a botanical garden and butterfly farm was nice.
OK to visit once or twice. You can walk around town from the dock and even arrange your own tour there.

Pros: Quality Ship, Good Service

Cons: Smoking in all the bars & dance floors + More noise equals more fun?