a dissappointed cruise

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: April 01, 2010
Ship: Carnival Valor
Cabin Type: Suite
I know in these hard economic times many industries are looking for ways to cut costs, but some of the cost cutting measures carnival has made have, in my opinion caused inconveniences to its guests. IE: in the buffet lines, there is no more trays for guests to carry their food to a table. I don't know why this was changed, but many guests were going back in line 2 and 3 times to get more food, others were cutting in line to get food they didn't on their first trip which overall created more conjestion for all.
Also, I believe the food quality and selection from previous cruises aboard Carnival has diminished.
Many of the staff were still quite friendly and professional, with the exception of the photographers, which I found to be rude at times.
minor maintance issues around the ship were prevalent. IE: paint running down my balcony door frame, obviously it rained shortly after or during the time the surrounding wall was painted.
It was a relaxing cruise-vacation, but below what I expected from previous cruises with carnival.

see above

on par with past cruises

nothing really stands out worth mentioning

see above

other than the paint lines running down th balcony door, the suite was excellent.

Pros: OS suites

Cons: minor changes all over the ship, obviously cost cutting measures.

Recommends Carnival Valor? No.