Exceeded My Expectations

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Exotic Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 04, 2007
Ship: Carnival Valor
I have high standards of cleaniness and this ship and I was pleased with the cleaniness, esp. in the dining areas - spotless'!

The food was exceptional...far beyond what I expected. We looked forward to seeing our wait staff, Gianna and Bagus every evening.

There was so much to do. The entertainment was first rate.

Everyone was always helpful. Our stewards were fantastic!

It was a floating 5-star hotel -- luxurious!

This was our first cruise. Having a bit of claustrophobia, I wasn't sure what to expect with our stateroom. The room was spacious and the spa deck was the best location. We were spoiled!
Okay. Not a place I would return to in a hurry.
Okay. Not a place I would return to in a hurry.
It was rather disappointing ,and somewhat of a learning experience and a sense of appreciation of what we have, after visiting this port. Nothing there that makes me want to return. Definitely third world and very sad.
I enjoyed learning about the culture. Nothing there would bring me back.
I enjoyed learning about the culture. Nothing there would bring me back.

Pros: I liked everything

Cons: smoking near the casino; having to walk through the cigar bar to get to internet cafe

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!