Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Favorite Cruise of Five-including Hawaii

Sail Date: September 10, 2006

Carnival Valor is a great ship. It is bigger and better and newer than many other Carnival ships I've been on. I know it was smoke free at one time but that didn't work out. I would have preferred it stayed that way but at least it is limited. I think what I liked the best was all the friedliness of the crew. They really go out of their way to treat you like friends and family. Even though you're only there a week some would call you by name and greet you. The ship was so big there were places I never made it to see. Of all the people we've been paired with before in the dining room, this was the best fit for mutual interests and lines of work. Do they work at that or is it chance? The price was good and the fact that it included tips made it a great bargain. Thanks and let us know if you have any great deals on Alaskan cruises in the next year or two.

Pros: The time in port and on ship was spaced very well. You had enough time to see it all.

Cons: When you walk through the Winston Churchhill Room, It takes your breath away from smoke smell.

Philipsburg, St. Maarten
We would have liked to spend more time on the beach but took a taxi to the French side and toured the whole island. We thought the nude beach area was a novelty but we had a very knowledgable friendly driver who was retired and dabbling. We learned lots.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
I enjoyed the trip up to Paradise Point on the tram, the hike , the shoppes and the bar/restaurant up there. I really am not a shopper but found my souveniers.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Most of us didn't come to buy jewerly so if the talks spend 90% on that, we should skip them. I did enjoy the museum and the colorful decor.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten