Great Cruise

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Exotic Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 23, 2009
I was a very large ship, I'm not sure I even saw everything before my seven days were over.

For dinner and breakfast, we had the choice of a sit-down meal served by the wait staff or a buffet meal. At breakfast, we sat with different people each day which was a nice way to meet people. At dinner, we sat with the same people whom we really enjoyed getting to know. Most of the meals were very good, we tried new things and sometimes didn't like them.

There was a large variety of activities and choices in shore excursions.

The staff were friendly and helpful however our luggage was mishandled and we didn't get it until the morning after embarkation. Our meals in the dining room were sometimes not correct we think due to the inadequate English language skills of our waiter.

The ship layout was good. Since this was my first cruise, I had nothing to compare it to.

We had a balcony stateroom. It was clean and the beds were comfortable.
Went to the Altun Ha Mayan ruins. It is one of the lesser Mayan sites and not that interesting.
Beautiful resorts.
Don't Miss: Drift diving or snorkeling
We snorkeled with Reef n Rays. They were excellent.
Don't Miss: Sting Ray City

Don't Miss: The monkeys at Gumbalinda Park

Pros: I chose the Carnival Valor for the itinerary - Grand Cayman, Honduras, Belize, Mexico

Cons: Getting off the ship at ports and on the last day was somewhat disorganized.

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!