Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A great getaway

Sail Date: July 05, 2009

The Valor was a great ship and all the decor really highlighted the theme of the ship. It had a nice layout but it was somewhat confusing to get to the Washington Dining room. The crew, especially the help desk, was eager to answer any questions we may have had.

Pros: loved the food, the shows and ports

Cons: a little too crowded on the days at sea

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!

Some staff were more eager to help than others but all of them acknowledged us as we passed in the hallways.
For the most part, the entertainment was nice but I wouldn't recommend the evening shows for small children. They have adults only entertainment segments but don't really offer entertainment that parents and kids can do together. They focus more on seperate options for kids and parents. Personally, I like having my kids with me so this was a little disappointing.
We were amazed at the cleanliness. Every where we went someone was cleaning something. We never saw employees that were not working.
Wide variety of food selections and generous portion sizes.
We were on the Riveria deck and had lots of room. The only thing I did not like was that the bathroom was really small. As for comfort---it was the most comfortable bed I have slept on in quite a while!
George Town, Grand Cayman
Gorgeous. We didn't shop this port b/c we had 2 excursions.
Don't Miss: We visited the Turtle, Hell and Stingray. Totally cool!
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Honduras was okay but it was not my favorite. We did a little shopping right in the port area.
Don't Miss: Monkeys and Birds
Absoloutely wonderful a port to visit! The shops are nice and the area is breath-taking. Everyone is friendly and I would love to go back.
Don't Miss: Horseback riding/Mayan experience
Belize City, Belize
Probably my least favorite day. We took a tender into the port to do some shopping before our excursion and found out we had to wait almost an hour before the shops opened. Even when they did open, most of them had the basic same items.