Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

The ship- so, so. The excursions- great!

Sail Date: June 14, 2009

Overall, the Carnival Valor was nice. This was my first cruise and I had high expectations since I have heard such great things about the "Fun Ships." Honestly, the "fun days at sea" weren't so great. Everything was over crowded all the time. There were 3000 people on our ship and 1400 of them were kids. I would have preferred to take an adults only cruise. I go on vacation to get away from children.

Pros: Going into port.

Cons: Waiting in line for EVERYTHING on the ship.

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!

It seemed to me if you weren't spending money on alcohol or soda, no one paid any attention to you. Also, very few of the staff spoke English fluently. It was very hard to ask questions and find someone to understand.
The Valor deck entertainment wasn't so great. The Island Boys only knew about 10 songs that they played over and over again. However, I did love watching the on deck movies they showed at night.
I got lost over and over again, but the staff was friendly and our room was nice.
I was not impressed with the food. I thought the sushi was nice however, we weren't allowed to pick what we wanted from a menu. I was hoping for more of a sushi restaurant instead of just a bar.
Small rooms, but that is to be expected. The beds were very confortable. I would like to have a bigger shower stall though. It is hard to shave your legs in such a small space.
Key West, Florida
Belize City, Belize
The Airboat and City Tour was fun. However, be aware when shopping there are a lot of people that will harass your for money, etc.
George Town, Grand Cayman