A Great First Time Cruise

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: April 01, 2008
This was our first cruise and was part of our 20th anniversary celebration. We also traveled with five other family members. Overall, I really enjoyed the ship. Everything was well maintained and the staff members were excellent, especially our cabin steward, the head waiter, and the waiter who served us in the dining room. There are ample opportunities for activities. There are several options for dining including the main dining rooms, Rosie's Diner, the deli, the pizzeria and the list goes on. The food in the main dining room was excellent and each night there are several selections to choose from. I ate more dessert on this trip and I eat in an entire month at home. The fish & chips were really good in the restaurant just above Rosie's Diner - a definite must. Some of the entertainment was not that great in the evening, but there are other things to choose from as well. We did find that a lot of the health or sports clinic type things ended up in a sales pitch, but not too pushy. Just be aware of it if you go. I took a yoga class and it was excellent and inexpensive ($30 for three classes.) We also took a golf lesson that we learned a lot from. We decided to splurge and get a room with a balcony. It was really wonderful to wake up and see your port coming into view. We also would read out there because it was so peaceful. I would highly recommend the balcony room if you are able. Overall, I would recommend this cruise. Happy Sailing!

Many dining options to choose from with varied menus. You will not go away hungry!

I cannot say enough about the quality of the staff - beyond excellent!

Larger than I expected with ample storage space for belongings.

Pros: The staff was excellent, especially our cabin steward who took wonderful care of us. A true gem!

Cons: If you are on an upper floor, you have to go down a few floors in order to be able to cross fully to the rear main dining room.

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!