Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A memorable Vacation

Sail Date: February 24, 2008

My boyfriend and I planned a cruise (our first ever) on the Carnival Valor in March 2008. We didn't know what to expect but hoped for the best. Well we had the best time in years. The staff is so nice. I don't think we walked pass one staff memeber who did not say hi to us and smile. Our room was meticulous and we enjoyed coming home each night to a different towel animal and chocolates on our pillow (I ate the chocolates!) Even the comedian one night joked about how the room stewarts were so good at cleaning your room so many times throughout the day. You did not have to lift a finger. The comedians were excellent, I haven't laughed so hard in ages and they had an earlier show for kids and a later show for the adults but both were hilarious. For people with kids they had a day care for them with tons of things to do however we do not have kids. The food was spectacular. This is what we were most nervous about. We thought we might get bored but there was endless choices and everything was fresh and did I mention they have icecream on tap all day?? We enjoyed watching our fellow cruisers particpating in the on deck activities throughout the day. In between the activities there was a live raggae band that was fabulous. You can't help but feel like you are in another world. Our waitors at dinner knew after the first night what we like what we didn't like etc. There was a different menue every night!! Our cruise director Chris was great and informed us over the speaker and/or on the TV in the room while we were getting ready what was going on for that day as well as a daily pamphlet of all this info. The casino was great. The dealers were very personable. We went to the dance club a couple of nights and the music was great!! The atmosphere was "fun". There was the right balance of old, young, children etc. The places we visited were terrific and we had just the right amount of time to visit them. I got a heat rash after the third day and the nurse in the health center was very knowledgable and provided me with everything I needed. I got engaged on this ship at dinner, our waitor Rubin brought the ring out to me for my now Fiance and that was what we talked about for the rest of the trip. Carnival was the best value for the money, unbeatable and I would defintely not only recommend it but go on another cruise again!! I hope you have as much food (oops I meant to write fun but we DID have LOTS of food) as we did :)

Pros: The food, the service, the staff!!! the amenities (gym, spa, place to do laundry etc.)

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!

Clean, fun (all the rooms had a different "feel" to them, HUGE!
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
We just went to the beach by water taxi right at the port and rented a chair and water float and hung out here all day. We also rented the jet skis which were sooo much fun.
This was our favorite place! We went to the Atlantis Resort. One word...spectacular! We want to go there for our honeymoon :)
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Don't Miss: Magan's Bay National Park. It's called a national park but it's really just a beach, the most amazing beach I have ever seen!