Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

This was a really fun cruise!

Sail Date: December 01, 2007

This was my 2nd cruise with Carnival and the ship was awesome. Our room steward, Wishnu from Indonesia, was genuinely nice, friendly and took care of our cabin as if it were his home. Snorkeling in Grand Cayman is the best. I was pleasantly surprise with Roatan Island, Honduras. Simply relaxing and snorkeling at Tabyana Beach in Honduras was great and probably the most beautiful beach I've seen. Cave Tubing in Belize was out of this world and a MUST when you go there; though it is a bit pricey for an excursion. Cozumel... well, it sucked! The locals are a bit rude and obnoxious, so just hang out near the pier and drink Corona's for a buck. The dinners on the ship were very good, but the servers seemed more tired and burdoned than making you feel welcomed. Overall, I am still very happy with Carnival as a whole and after reading some reviews of Royal Caribbean, I think I'll still stick with Carnival for my upcoming cruises.

Pros: Great service and cool destinations

Cons: No pool or hot tubs that are "Kid Free"

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!

The room size seemed a bit smaller than my last cruise on the Carnival Imagination; an older and smaller ship. What the room seemed to lack in size, it made up for in the larger bathroom. This shower had more room and never ran out of hot water unlike the Imagination. The condition of the room was always kept perfect and our room steward deserves a HUGE raise in salary from Carnival.
For a ship this size, they really should consider an outdoor area to relax in the sun, pool or hot tub for adults only. Everywhere that there was water to be played in, you can count on a large group of unattended kids.
The public/common restrooms throughout the ship and a "Not So Fresh Feeling" about them. The air was humid and there was an odor of sewage in them. It wasn't to the point of making you ill, but clearly noticeable.
Excellent food, great selections and always something to eat anytime of the day or night.