A Great Cruise

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 02, 2007
Ship: Carnival Valor
The ship seemed really clean. The decor was nice. There were lots of choices of locations for meals and entertainment.

Great pizza 24/7. Dining room meals were lovely. We had breakfast and lunch at the buffet, and there were a lot of delicious choices. It was nice that they had meals for those who were dieting or were vegetarians.

There was something for everyone. I would love to have gone to afternoon tea, but it was in the cigar room--ick! I would also love to have had a craft class on a sea day.

While our stateroom was clean and comfortable, our location was awful. We were above the amps in the theater, and could hear the late show, as well as feel vibration from it in the bed!
I mainly go on cruises to swim in the ocean, so I didn't really see Nassau. We took a boat to an island (Blackbeard's Cay) to use the beach and it was great!
Don't Miss: Blackbeard's Cay
I LOVE this port. For $5 you can ride the water taxi all day. The shops are as nice as St.Thomas, but there is no traffic, no crowds. Right in front of the shopping street is a nice beach--$5 for a lounge chair. All of this entails very little walking. There is a shopping area at the pier, also, and they have live steel drum music.
Don't Miss: Take advantage of the water taxi if you don't sign up for an excursion
We did a long tour that combined scenery, the beach, history and shopping and we really liked it except for the shopping. I hate shopping in St. Thomas--too crowded, too noisy. However, I know there are tax advantages to buying there. Blackbeard's Castle was very interesting. Magen's beach is perfect. The gondola ride offers amazing views.
Don't Miss: Gondola

Pros: Great food, great service, great bedding.

Cons: Our cabin was above the theater, and we could hear (and feel the vibration )of the amps during the late show.

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!