Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Valor Cruise Experience

Sail Date: August 26, 2007

This was our third time cruising. Once on Carnival Sensation back in 2000 and Royal C. back in 2003. Sensation was so enjoyable we decided to come back to Carnival. We should have reseached the ship better. The pools were tooooo small and the cruise should have forced an adult pool time listed or a no kid area on the ship. The teens on the ship made this experience less enjoyable. Also the lunch buffet was somewhat a mystery at times. Sometime simple is better...and the beef was always sooo tough in the dinning rooms and during lunch. I do have a suggestion: After the rescue drill, have all parents and the kids to meet in the ship auditorium and talk about the kid camp and pool/ship safety. If they are caught violating the saftey rules they will need to be accompanied by an adult going forward. Every night we witness teens running and tossing kids in the pools. One night it got sooo bad, my husband had to yell and ask the kid to stop before throwing this young girl in the pool. She was screaming the entire time " i can't swim!" So, i feel some type of teen orientation should be conducted and give the kids a few examples of how dangerous the ship can be. Also, one night several teens were jumping down the stairs and knocked my $10.00 drink out of my hand and all over my shirt. Aughhhhhhh, Royal C. had a better handle of this and provided kid free areas...

Pros: Comedians

Cons: The lunch buffet !

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!

Pools were too small, but everything else was nice.
The wait-staff was sooo nice. The lobster meal was the best and the Newburg seafood was second best. The steaks were very blane and always tough. The dining times were great and I really enjoyed the great service.
We had a balcony and this was the best part. I loved my room, but the only thing I would change would be the shower drain clogged on us everyday. We would only take 2 min showers so the water would not flood the bathroom.
I work sometime as a secret shopper and get paid to eat at restaurant and shop in stores to review customer service. I would rate the staff "Excellent". I meet the best bartender and she was the only person that I used. Prudit and Sam on the back pool bar. Both made great drinks and great conversation. I do feel their manager should SMILE more. He alway seemed angry:)
I really enjoyed BINGO! Eventhough I never won. The comedians were great as well! They really made my night. The adult comedian wasn't as funny as the other.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
I really enjoyed shopping there. I would suggest working out a deal with the taxi drivers instad of booking an excusion. Cheaper, more to see and local spots.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
This was my favorite stop. Clean, easy access to food, drinks and shopping. I would have preferred to stay there two days and cut out Nassau.
Waste of time and too many hagglers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A private beach would have been sooooo much better.