Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

An adventure!

Sail Date: May 20, 2007

Impressive ship, clean and well kept.

Pros: Staff and food were both WONDERFUL!!!

Cons: Disembarking ~ was not only CRAZY but UNSAFE! Too many people trying to leave at once!

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!

Huge ship, very clean (always saw staff cleaning), interesting decor throughout the ship, especially liked the way the different areas were setup, i.e. showroom, cafe, etc. I did not like where the dining room was located. On the back of the ship, and our table sat right over something that continually rumbled. For a first time cruiser, it was disturbing the first night or two.
The food was excellent. Even at the buffet, there was always a nice variety of food. I ate very healthy with the great selection of choices. Desserts were in a wonderful variety as well.
I was warned how small the rooms were, and to my surprise, I found it just right! The amenities were a nice surprise as well. I loved all the pillows! The bed was comfortable. There was plenty of closet space and hangers.
The shows were really entertaining, I especially enjoyed the comedy acts!! I liked the choice of show times as well.
The staff could not have been better!!! In all areas, the staff were not only very friendly, but extremely helpful as well! I thought it was very interesting to have such a diverse staff from so many different countries. I LOVED all the different accents!
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
The water was beautiful (actually at all ports), and the shop keepers were especially friendly! The horseback riding adventure was okay, but I got the impression the staff were not terribly happy campers (either that or they didn't speak english enough to communicate).
Don't Miss: Shipwreck Cove Snorkel Adventure was pretty fun!
I wish I had more time to spend there. The dolphin encounter was a MUST SEE! It was fabulous!! The trainers were GREAT too, and very entertaining! The staff at the shops could have been more friendly, but it didn't take away from the spectacular time we had.
Don't Miss: Dolphin Encounter
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Really enjoyed the Barefoot Cafe for lunch and the Skyview Tram. Loved the shops!! I did most of my shopping here and got a GREAT deal on jewelry!!! They are good negotiators!
Don't Miss: THE BOSS ~ staff and adventure were the BEST!