Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Wonderful cruise, full of onboard fun

Sail Date: March 01, 2007

We were very impressed with the cleanliness of the ship. Passengers were encouraged to participate in the activities on board which we did on several occasions and had a great time. It was a great experience and will do it again. We have one word of caution, though, which is the sound level in the Ivanhoe Theater which we found excessive although the entertainment was first rate. Great shopping on board and love the specials on the drinks. No smoking in the staterooms was great however, there should be some non-smoking lounges/clubs.

Pros: Very clean ship, food was very good, staff very friendly and attentive especially in the dining room area. Maitre'D Mr. Vee was very entertaining.

Cons: Sound level in the Ivanhoe Theatre was EXCESSIVE. Difficulty enjoying the entertainment due to the decibal level of sound. Music and singing extremely painful to the ears. Tried different levels in the theatre , it was still extremely LOUD. Next time I will bring ear plugs.

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!

At first we had reservations on sailing on a large ship, thinking that there would be little interaction between staff and guests, but we were wrong. The staff were constantly cleaning and maintaining the public areas of the ship, which greatly impressed me.
Ate first at Rosie's for breakfast but then went to the dining room. I found in both areas the toast was barely warm. I was pleased to discover that in the dining room, I was able to get an egg substitute for breakfast as I am limited to my choices. A great variety of food choices, the chocolate cake was excellent!
I would like smaller meat portions and more vegetables.
Comfortable beds, always had clean towels, although the windows in the stateroom (spa deck) required cleaning at first which was done on the third day. Excellent ocean view stateroom!
Excellent stateroom attendant. Staff would speak with you in the elevators and throughout the ship. Excellent dining room staff and loved the entertainment of Mr. Vee the Maitre'd. Head waiter Celeo Ortiz went 'above and beyond' when a diner guest found her meat too well done to her liking ( language barrier) she misunderstood what medium well meant. Celeo went and brought her a complete new meal with the meat done to her liking. We thought that was exceptional on his part. All who attended to us were exceptional and the diversity of the countries represented by the staff was wonderful!
Excellent entertainment in the evenings. The variety was good. The MC did an excellent job! The last minute variety show put on by the ship's staff 'if I were not upon the sea' showed the staff to be quite talented and very entertaining!