Never Again!

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: February 01, 2007
Ship: Carnival Valor
Have to say that I will NEVER cruise with Carnival again! This was my 2nd cruise (RC was my 1st). Had it not been for the horrible dining experiences, I would've rated this as an averege cruise, but alas. Our Washington dining food was mediocere at best. Our waiter didn't look like he cared to be there at all. He was slow, forgetful...I lost count how many times we had to ask for common items (wine bottle, salt). 30min to get drink...I finally had to speak to the asst matriade (sp?)and broke down crying, because I was so dissappointed. I had told my friends how much fun cruising was and how great the food and the staff were (on my previous cruise)...and I was embarrassed because nobody felt that way on this one. Everyone on Royal Caribbean had a smile and geniunely seemed happy...not Carnival. The only real redeeming quality about it was our room staff.

Felt like a heard of cattle getting on, eating and getting off for excursions. The Casino was horribly smokey with no ventilation and we could never find a waitress for drinks, even after the pit boss requested one for us it took 20 mins.

I'd like to think we had horible luck of the draw, but other couples around us were disappointed as well, so we weren't crazy.

Read above. They have the wait staff put on lil show, but should wait until everone's served. We were always the first in and the LAST out.

The Ivanhoe theater seemed like Highschool productions. Lots of comedians. They made up canceled ports due to weather with Bean bag tosses and movies, plus $25pp rebated!

Only Calvin went above and beyond. Numberous times we were practically pushed out of the way by staff trying to get through the halls/pool deck.

Great size but didn't like how the lincoln dining room broke up the flow...couldn't get from one end to the other without going to a different level

Roomy for the price and Calvin from Honduras was fantastic

Pros: Getting off for shore excursions

Cons: Food and Wait Staff

Recommends Carnival Valor? No.