A most relaxing cruise

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 25, 2007
This was my husbands first cruise, so I wanted it to be great. I had been on a couple of different cruise lines and liked Carnival the most.I'm happy to say that he really enjoyed himself. He really got into the wonderful buffets. The selections were even better than before. He was worried about the whole" dress up" evenings, but they were really great. You didn't need a tux or a long dress to fit in. Just cocktail clothing was sufficient. You could be as busy as you wanted or you could just kick back and relax. of course we both overpacked, which I wouldn't do again. You never need as much as you think you do. Downsize would be my advice to anyone. Then bring along an extra suitcase for all your fun purchases. Something else to remember is when you buy all that duty free liquor, you can't carry it on the plane with you. It has to be packed. Then you worry about breakage. The ship had lots of fun jewlery sales and art auctions, so bring lots of money! Relax and enjoy being pampered.

We went to the beach for a snorkeling tour and it was wonderful! I think next time I'll try the helmet type of snorkeling. Beautiful beaches and warm water.
All the jewelry stores were awesome. I've never seen as many in one place. Some great prices. If you are even thinking of purchasing some fine jewelry don't forget to bring your charge card here. The beaches were also beautiful and you can catch a cab back to the ship later than your tour leaves. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Don't forget to buy your alcohol here. You get to bring more home if you buy here.
Historical High lights was a waste of time. Just driving around and we couldn't understand our tour guide. His microphone equipment was very poor and the only stops were for trinkets.

Pros: We liked the entertainment the most

Cons: The long wait to disembark

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!