Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Unforgetable cruise

Sail Date: September 03, 2006

I was very pleased with the time it took for embarkation, I felt like I was recieving VIP treatment. Activities for my 12 year old grand daughter were well supervised and she loved it. The service was remarkable considering the ratio of staff to guest. Although all the music was very good I like country music and there was none to be found on the ship. If I could have done at least one Texas Two Step, my cruise would have been complete. Thank you Carnival for a fantastic cruise !

Pros: Embarkation , I felt like I was in a VIP line. Staff was very polite and eager to please. Great activities for my grand daughter.

Cons: Music was very good but could have used a little more variety, such as country music.

I wasn't happy that a bottle of water was placed in my room before the previous one was emptied, only to find out I was being charged over $4.00 for each one. I feel that I should have had the choice to choose if I wanted more or not.
Needs country music added to list.
Except for one of the staff in the airport. She was very rude and gave the impression that I was bothering her when I asked about the ground transfers.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
The shopping was very good. Beach access was easy to get to.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
The Iguania Farm. Hundreds of these things seem to come out of nowhere. There was also white face monkeys, turtles, baracudas, parrots, macaws, fish, and other sea life. Also the two children (who's parents own the place) were extremely nice and eager to make you happy.
Don't Miss: The above Iguania Farm.
George Town, Grand Cayman
The pirate ship was false advertising. They said "hoist the sails" the sails stayed tied. The reason given me was "no crew today". I felt cheated on this excursion for myself and my gran daughter. I basically wasted over $100.00
Don't Miss: After being disappointed with the pirate ship we tendered back to the Valor.