Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: August 01, 2006

Me and my friends recently sailed on Carnival Valor for the first time and had an amazing time. This was my first time on a cruise and I didn't really know what to expect but I was extremely happy with the Cruise and all it had to offer. The islands were amazing. No matter what age bracket you fall under, you WILL have an amazing time because there's always something fun to do for everyone. I am 21 years old and I went on the cruise with 10 friends of mine and we simply had the most amazing time. The drinks aren't included but were priced very good. Coke and Sprite were priced at $2. Alcoholic beverages were priced between 5 and 7. The drinks were very STRONG so you got your moneys worth. The excursions on the boat are way over priced but there's a simple solution don't book them on the cruise. When going to the Cayman Islands don't miss out on seeing the stingrays. They were amazing and so much fun. At the port of Cayman Islands there will be a variety of people with excursions for you to enjoy. Me and my friends paid $40 each to go see the stingray,snorkeling,beach,and drinks included(4 hour tour). On the boat to go see the stingray only was priced at $65. CRAZY!
In Honduras you must go see there beach's. It was amazing!!!! ( I would book this on the boat it was priced at $33)
In Belize you have to go cave tubing. AMAZING!! don't book it on the boat. Book it at the port.Talk prices with them believe me they will lower them!
In Mexico I repeat DO NOT RENT WAVERUNNERS.Do anything else but that! Don't book anything on the boat for Mexico because there are so many people at the port waiting for you and they have amazing prices.

There was always food ( very good food) and too much of it (ha ha). Don't book your dinner early (5:45) you will regret it! Book it at 8:00. Especially for the ladies DON'T BOOK YOUR DINNER AT 5:45. You will never have enough time to get ready and you will be missing out on very good food. The entertainment was spectacular. Never miss any of the shows.They run twice every night. Once at 8:00 and Once at 10:00. Also, they take professional pictures on the boat so, take as many as you want becuase they are free unless you want to buy the picture. The big ones are $20 and the medium ones are $8.00.The staff was very friendly and the beds were extremely comfortable. I would suggest that you ......BOOK IT!

Pros: What didn't I like?

Cons: nothing

The ship was huge and very clean. The only problem was getting from one end of the ship to the next, but after the first day or two you get the hang of it. Plus, there are always maps by the elevators showing you where you are. Which makes it easy to find out where you want to go. If that doesn't help then the friendly staff will have no problem directing you.
very friendly.