Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

The number one first time cruise

Sail Date: July 09, 2006

We just came back from the carnival valor and we were first time cruisers. The ship was huge and clean and so much to do. They had all kinds of activities for all ages. I defintily will be back for more. The overall kindness of the staff really made you feel at home like they were family. I really miss everyone now that I am at home doing my own cleaning! I urge everyone to make the valor a piece of their family vaction or honeymoon.

Pros: the food and entertainment

Cons: the way to exit for two ports by tenders

They have alot of good quality food to choose from, even vegetairan which i enjoyed. You could not ask for better service in every area of the ship and cleaniness.
The dinning times were just right and very convient. We even sat with now two new freinds, they were on their honeymoon and we dinnied with then ever night for a week and now miss them.
The bed and bedding was so comfortable that my fiance could not get up and out early, he wanted to take the bed with him. We stayed in a stateroom with no windows and it was fine. Plenty of room and i didnot feel like we were on top of eachother however next time i may go with a balcony or a window for more room.
The valor defintly went above and beyond my expectations of a cruise. The experince makes me want to go ever year now. The staff really works hard to make it an enjoyable experince.
There is so much to do for everyone. and they give you a great schedule to fit most of the entertainment in so you will not miss a thing. I really like how they have to seatings for the show according to your dinning plans. For example we had late seating for dinner around 8pm and the late show starts at 10:30pm which is great you don't miss out on great shows to end your nite.
Camp ncarnival did alot for the kids to keep them busy and out of alot of adults ways so everyone could enjoy their cruise.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Very poor and not alot of prettiness to look at but they monkeys and birds were the best to see.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
We had a great pina colada there and we also visted the chaacobean ruins and that was fun to climb. the port defintly had great shops.
George Town, Grand Cayman
You must swim with the sting rays and visit the turtles on their farm. when you get to the port it is a pretty tropical town to visit.
Belize City, Belize
This is alot like rotan but not as poor. we visited the ruins and that was very interseting.