Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

evaluation forms matter?

Sail Date: July 09, 2006

First of all -- I took a great amount of time completing the evaluation, noting positives and negatives. On the final day, I left it on the counter opened up showing my written comments and went to breakfast. They thought I had left the ship I think, but I went back to brush my teeth (I had taken my carry-on tote bag with me, so the room looked vacant). I found my evluation torn in two in the wastebasket!!! I took it with me and ran across Darcy (social activities staff) to make sure it was ok to leave evalutions in the cabin. She said yes, so I then handed her my torn-in-two-pieces evaluation and explained the situation. She raised her eyebrows and took it, so hopefully it arrived where it should have. Although I wonder about that, since I had noted constructive criticism about her performance on staff as well. This really colored my final thoughts about Carnival and its evaluation process -- seriously, do they really care to hear what guests have to say???? I loved the cruise in general and would recommend it to others.

Pros: Dining room menus, Legends dancers' shows, snorkeling, dolphin encounter

Cons: Voices of the two main singers at shows were simply not good, excursion costs were too high

Piano bar was great fun, Ron is really talent, wonderful reportoir. Loved the dancers' shows. But where did you find the two main singers? I've never heard so many flat notes and off-key songs? I know there is LOTS of talent out there waiting for an opportunity to sing on a cruise ship -- fnd them and make replacements!!! Brett was kind of a walking caricature -- a little cheesey, talks too fast to understand half of what he says.
Very nice.
Nice size. Should have a map of the ship waiting upon arrival in every single cabin, instead of having to track one down at the purser's desk. Not a single piece of info in the cabin showed map of the ship, various levels, etc.
Great menu options. Appetizer portions were very small -- order two!!
Swetlana -- she was wonderful - barmaid in both Washington dining room and in piano bar. She deserves a raise!!!! Our table's staff in Washington Dining Room were all wonderful!!!!
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Catamaran and snorkeling was fun.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Dolphine encounter! Awesome!
Belize City, Belize
My canopy tour was cancelled here the night before the excursion -- so maybe that would have made the stop worthwhile. I walked around but little to see.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Off the beaten path Jeep excursion should be re-named. We were NOT off the beaten path, we stayed on roads the entire time. A huge disappointment. The only redeeming factor was the small amount of time snorkeling during the tour. The radio was totally static, couldn't understand anything said by tour guide during island jeep tour thru the radios distributed. I learned nothing -- a joke. Wasted $99 big time on this one!