Carnival Triumph Cruise Review

Carnival Triumph

Sail Date: February 12, 2018

Ship: Carnival Triumph

Review Summary

This is my second cruise. The cruise ship was beautiful. The staff wasn’t as friendly as that of those on the carnival sensation. I also wasn’t impressed with their medical. I rolled my ankle walking down the stairs and I feel like I was being harassed over showing them the stair i was walking down rather than caring about my injury. I came down in a wheelchair and security Insisted after I seen the doctor to walk down (with a swollen, painful, bruised ankle) to the opposite side of the ship to show them where I hurt my ankle. Before I could leave I had to sign paperwork stating I didn’t hold on to the handrail which could’ve prevented the incident and that I declined to show them the stair where I was injured. In addition, my ankle injury wasn’t dealt with appropriately. I immediately asked that they bring ice up to me when they were on the way to get me via wheelchair. They arrived. No ice. The doctor only checked my pedal pulses and foot movement. They would’ve done an X-ray to make sure I didn’t fracture or break my foot, but their “X-ray machine wasn’t working.” Before I left (now an hour and a half since I asked for ice originally) I asked for ice again. They gave me a bag and sent me on my way. I asked if they could fill it with ice. They had no ice down in medical and told me where I could get my own ice. It was pointless even going down. I could’ve provided my own care and in a timely matter that could’ve helped reduce the amount of swelling I experienced in my foot. I also had to ask the next day for an ACE wrap for my injury because it was hurting so bad and still had swelling present. For “medical professions” they can’t handle a simple ankle sprain correctly-rest, ice, compression, elevation (RICE). Something that is taught in basic first aid. There were also kids EVERYWHERE! Kids were using the hot tubs like they were pools. There isn’t a dedicated adult area on the ship like most the cruise ships have so I wasn’t able to relax in a hot tub with being splashed or kicked by a kid. I enjoyed my cruise overall, but it could’ve been better. It wasn’t anything to write home about or for me to insist that I would cruise with carnival cruise lines again.