Carnival Triumph Cruise Review

Carnival Triumph

Sail Date: February 17, 2018

Ship: Carnival Triumph

Review Summary

First, let me say we had an amazing time... It was the perfect and much needed getaway my husband and I were looking for. Now on to the review... The ship... The ship was great! One could say it was a bit dated in areas but I don't tend to worry about decor. My understanding is it went thru a partial facelift in 2016 and will be dry docked again in 2019 for more. As far as layout, all was good... I did get frustrated for a minute looking for the Paris dining room, it is 3rd floor Aft, BUT you can't go from 3,FWD to 3,AFT without going up or down first... The galley is in the middle with no way around. Other than that everything was convient and easy to find. The Food... The buffet was a buffet. Not much more to say there. Guy's Burgers was PHENOMENAL... The Dining room was nice, wait staff was quick and attentive. Food was as good. The Melting Cake did not disappoint. The Room... We were in 1105, Spa deck. One would think it would be quiet and serene being there are only 14 rooms on the floor and the spa closes at night... Not so much. The putt putt course was directly above us, I am fairly certain we had a herd of elephants on board judging from the sounds coming from above and by the number of balls putted onto our balcony... If that wasn't enough, the unattended TWEENS found refuge in the stair well between floors 11and 12. I get it, they are old enough to not be monitored 24/7... But I also know that they are too young to understand that some people were there to relax, not to have to listen to a constant barrage of vugarity... They also did not understand that just because they were hidden from sight, didn't mean they weren't very much heard... The balcony has no top, so people on the puttputt course could look right down onto our balcony. Not at all private. The room itself was nice, our Steward, JayJay was awesome... He was very friendly and helpful. The Atmosphere... Well, Carnival is known as the party ship. It is perfect for us to vaca with our 21 and 24 year olds... But I would be hesitant to bring our 7 year old on a Carnival cruise... Please don't misunderstand, I am all for having a good time... We would just enjoy a little more family fun and a lot less twerking...