Carnival Triumph Cruise Review

Carnival Triumph

Sail Date: September 30, 2017

Ship: Carnival Triumph

Review Summary

LONG- IN DETAIL REVIEW FOR MAINLY FIRST TIME CRUISERS. This was our very first cruise, so with my pro's & con's list a lot of this could be that a cruise isn't our thing, maybe nothing to do with the boat, but possibly. We also went for a honeymoon so, maybe a good read if that's what you're planning on going for as well. PROS; *The ports were beautiful, & well worth the money spent on the cruise itself. (It poured in Cozumel, so we didn't get to experience much but Progreso was better than expected, & made up for the rocky waters/ weather we had gone through) *the beds were hands down the best so comfy, as well as the cleanliness of the room/ship. *The shows were also very good! One of the best parts of the ship *this ship was also very kid friendly for anyone cruising with children, they really involved the kids a lot which also was not what I had thought for a cruise(all ships do this though-below goes more in detail regarding kids/adult areas on ship) *spa staff/photographers/waiters at dinner were all very wonderful. *the staff was great about asking if anyone needed drinks, if you wanted to chill all day they'll keep em coming for you. CONS* Keep in mind, this was our first cruise. All ships may be just like this one, or maybe it was just this ship. From what I was told from other people on the cruise, to not let our experience this time keep us from cruising again because "this ship is different than our previous ships" -Not a lot of communication for first time cruisers, if you plan to cruise make sure to ask people about embarking. (Basically step by step of what will happen) it was mad chaos when we arrived at port & getting to our room ect. Next time we know the drill, but I would look up as much info before arriving so you're not as confused. We had a lot of problems finding out who was "in charge" of our deck, getting towels, our luggage, ect. Guest services weren't much of a help either, as we had to call numerous times for anyone to pick up, or send someone our way. (I know, many people on a cruise, so that is somewhat understandable) *the wifi plan, I did buy the cheapest plan, the weather wasn't that great either which could explain a lot, but my wifi barley worked, if at all. Wish I wouldn't of wasted the money on this package. (This could be due to weather conditions) *not many choices to eat, (for free at least) buffet wasn't all that great, & to be honest neither was our dinner options. (We also don't care for sea food, could be why we didn't enjoy the food too much) was told by many other boats have more/better options regarding places to eat. *It is also one of the smaller ships & outdated compared to other ships-- which in results means you felt the boat rock much more than a larger ship. (Not the ships problem, but letting first timers know incase you don't think of it) we experienced some pretty crazy waves by dodging some storms which made my husband very sea sick for 3 days, they had to cancel shows, ect. Again not the ships problem, they can't control Mother Nature, but kinda sucky for us as this was our first time cruising. If you're going for your first time, I would recommend spending a little extra money & cruising during the summer season & not the hurricane season like we did. Also would recommend getting a balcony view if you/the person you're traveling with gets sick easily as being outside helps a lot) plus you get your own private little area outside *many people had a great experience with the staff, we did not. We thought many were rude, we got ignored a few times by asking questions, never got a "you're welcome" ect. *i was told before cruising to let the staff know/the person of your deck know it was a celebration because they offer discounts to somethings, unfortunately none of that worked for us. *we ordered room service one night, (the free food included things like a turkey sandwhich, or a pb&j took about an hour to be delivered-- wouldn't recommend getting breakfast to your room in the mornings because it is cold by the time it arrives *we also were told that on most ships they have a separate pool/area for children & adults. This ship didn't have that, we didn't get to get into the hot tub/pools because it was usually filled with children & of course they come first, but if you're on your honeymoon I would recommend a ship that does have a serenity spot so you can spend at least some of your time enjoying the pools or just your "adult time" *this ship also has a different layout, you have to go to certain floors to get to the other floors, other ships you can walk right through and find your way much easier, we were confused for the first couple days on how to get around With all this being said, this may not have anything to do with the ship itself. Our first experience I was a let down by the weather, food options, how packed it is, the staff, the cancelation of shows, not being informed of alot, the wifi package, & things to do around the ship. Maybe cruising with friends would of been a better time as we would want to just sit at a bar all evening. My expectations also might of been to high due to my other friends who cruise & their stories. We had many people tell us "they aren't usually like this" "it's the ship youre on, bigger ships are far better" "better food options on other ships" ect. I want to say I would like to cruise again on a different ship it hopes it would be different, but like I said maybe all boats are about the same, & cruising just isn't for us. This boat was very family oriented though so for a family vacation it's a good idea, for a honeymoon maybe not so much. I realize now you choose to have a good time on your cruise, or a bad time. Don't rely on things on the boat for you to have a good time. You choose to be involved & make your time worth it. If there is a next time we will have a different mindset getting onto the ship, & we will not cruise during hurricane season, & we'll choose a bigger ship with a balcony room. I'm a person that wants to be on the go, if you don't mind sitting on the deck all day then cursing is for you! Hopefully if we go again we will do more than just two ports, & hopefully the weather will be much better for us.