HALLOWEEN NIGHTMARE ON THE TRIUMPH OR " TRIDUMP" OR " TRI DOG RUN"

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Triumph

5 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)

Sail date: October 10, 2016

Ship: Carnival Triumph

Cabin type: Suite

Cabin number: 7278

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

NOT A FIRST TIME CRUISER BUT NOW A LAST TIME THANKS CARNIVAL. MY WIFE AND I BOOKED A 5 DAY ON THE TRIUMPH TO CELEBRATE OUR 33RD WEDDING ANNIVERSARY, WE PACKED OUR BAGS FLEW DOWN TO NEW ORLEANS FROM COLORADO EXCITED TO GET AWAY RELAX AND CELEBRATE TOGETHER, GREAT GET TO PORT IT WASNT BAD 15 MIN ON THE BOAT PRIORTY BOARDING. MY CABIN 7278 OCEAN SUITE WAS NOT READY SO WAS WIFE AND I WALKED UP TO LIDO DECK I NOTICED THERE WAS VERY LITTLE STAFF ON THE WAY INCLUDING THE LIDO DECK SO AT 1:30 CABINS WERE READY COOL I AM EXCITED BECAUSE I HAD PURCHASED THE ANNIVERSARY CABIN DECORATION PACKAGE INC. CAKE TO SURPRISE MY WIFE NOT TO BE I GOT THE I LOVE YOU PACKAGE SINCE SHE DIDNT KNOW I ROLLED WITH THE PUNCHES BUT I WAS PISSED. NOTICEDFROM THE BAT I WAS IN TROUBLE WITH THE LOVELY CAMEL BACK BEDS NOW MY WIFE CAN SLEEP ON A LOG BUT NOT ME, THE CABIN ITSELF SMELLED LIKE AN ASH TRAY FIVE MINITES IN, THE ROOM WAS DATED AND HADE A WEIRD ODOR, THE MIRRORS HAD NO SHINE SINCE THEY PROBABLY HADNT BEEN CLEANED IN MONTHS THE POOR FURNITURE HADNT FELT POLISH IN YEARS, THE TV WAS FILTHY, OK WE UNPACK I SPEAK WITH MY CABIN STEWARD PUT A $20.00 IN HIS POCKET FELT GOOD ABOUT OUR CONVERSATION AND UNPACKED GOT READY FOR OUR VACATION STEWARD SAID HE WOULD ADDRESS ISSUES. GET BACK TO ROOM AFTER EATING AT GUYS BURGERS GROSS FOR ME MY WIFE LIKED THE FIRST DAY BUT NOT FOR THE REST OF THE CRUISE YUK, NOTHING CHANGED IN ROOM OTHER THAN I GOT A TOWEL ANIMAL AND ICE THANKS. WHIRLPOOL BATH WAS A JOKE WORKED BUT FILTHY RUSTY JETS AND BLACK RINGS AROUND TUB PUT IT THIS WAY TUBE IS SO OLD STAINED FOR LIFE PERFECT FOR PET WASH BUT I DONT RCOMEND BATHING IN IT UP TO YOU. LONDON DINNING FIRST NIGHT WAS DECENT BUT AREA IS FILTHY OUTDATED DARK AND ONCE AGAIN SMELLY, STAFF UNIFORMS WERE DIRTY DAY ONE, FOOD WAS BLAND TASTELESS BUT EATABLE I GUESS STOMACH DIDNT AGREE WITH THE MIND. REST OF THE CRUISE MAIN DINNING GOT WORSE DAY FOUR THE SMELL ON THE BOAT WOULD NOT LET ME EAT SO WE WALKED OUT. OH YEAH THE SMELL OF THE STENCH THROUGHOUT THE BOAT GOT PROGRESSIVELY WORSE BY DAY FOUR IT WAS BAD I BLEW UP AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK BUT WAS TOLD I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT COMPLAINED OF ANY SMELLS NO WAY THAT CAN BE I SPOKE WITH PEOPLE LEAVING THE LONDON  THEY AGREED. NEEDLESS TO SAY THIS THIS BOAT IS A FLOATING NIGHTMARE IT NEEDS TO BE CUT UP OR BLOWN UP IT STINKS BOAT IS SO BAD ON EVERY LEVEL THEY HAD COMMERCIAL FANS GOING ALL DAY TO MASK THE SMELL, MY ROOM 7278 FLOODED DAY TWO SO WE HAD TO DEAL WITH SAME FANS IN ROOM HOW ROMANTIC. IF YOUR BOOKED AND CANT GET OUT OF IT BRING NOSE PLUGS IF YOU CAN GET OUT OF IT DO IT ASAP OUR YOU WILL BE DISAPOINTED. REMEMBER IT STINKS BAD NOT WORTH THE MONEY.

Ship experiences

TWO STEPS BELOW GOLDEN CORAL

DECENT AT BEST

NO KIDS

UNDERSTAFFED AND TIRED LOOKING

FILTHY DATED

Ship tip

MY TIP IS DONT BOOK ON THIS SHIP. STINKS, SMOKE FILLED NOT A GOOD PLACE FOR KIDS BOOT IS A JOKE AND A BIO-HAZARD

Ports of call

New Orleans, Louisiana Did not visit port

WAS OK I GUESS DISORGANIZED, EVERYONE IS CLUELESS, PORT STAFF IS RUDE

COZUMEL IS COZUMEL NICE PORT CITY

Progreso (Merida), Mexico Did not visit port

LOVE THE CONCRETE PLANTS ON BOTH SIDES YES CONCRETE PLANTS NOT PALM TREES AND SAND AT LEAST NOT BEACH SAND