Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Excellent First Cruise

Sail Date: September 12, 2016

Reviewed: 20 days ago

This was my husband and I's first cruise so we didn't know what to expect.  I was afraid I would get bored but that was never the case.  The staff was amazing.  EVERY SINGLE staff member was friendly and courteous!  Our names were learned by our room steward and our dining room server by the first night.  The ship was extremely clean.  They cleaned the bathroom by the theater so often I felt bad using it!  The buffet food was okay and I always seemed to be near it when it was closed.  Guy's Burgers is absolutely delicious and I love the self serve toppings bar!  We had breakfast room service every morning and it was prompt and satisfying.  Casino was a bit smoky but tolerable.  The shows were great, especially the magician.   We did the behind the fun excursion on the ship and I would highly recommend it to anyone who may be interested in it.  I learned so much about the inner workings and what it takes to keep everything running smoothly.

My only complaints would be that it took forever at the bars to get a drink with the bubbles package.  I feel it was a waste of money and will not purchase it again.  Also, the elevators were extremely slow.  There are a lot of elevators so I don't quite understand.  It is hard to get around the ship using the elevators when they are delivering luggage but all you have to do is be patient or use the stairs so there are always options!

This room was PERFECT. It was on port side so we got to see all of the happenings while at port. Yes, the fitness center is above but there was NEVER any noise from it. (The crew has their own fitness center in lower decks so I would think that very few crew actually use the center on the 11th deck). The equipment over the room is elliptical machines so you wouldn't hear any noise from them anyways. This room was quiet as very few people walked passed it. The BEST part was it is right around the corner from the front deck. We were able to go out there and be able to easily see both sides and the front of the ship. The room was very clean and smelled good. The only downfall is it is a VERY long walk from the dining rooms so don't over eat like I did! LOL!
It was crazy busy once we got on the ship. Luckily we found a table on lido and just hung out until our rooms were ready. Disembarkation was quick.
Extremely clean and easy to get around.
Cozumel was BEAUTIFUL!
Aldie from the Paris Dining room was AMAZING. Hands down the best server I have ever had.