Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

First Mate

This was my first, but it definitely won't be my last!!!!!!

Sail Date: September 08, 2016

I enjoyed it so much it will be hard for me to name everything!  Perhaps being my first cruise I don't have a lot to base things on, but I just had an over all great time.  The cabin service was great!  We were celebrating my girlfriends 60th birthday and she received gift certificates to use on the ship which was totally unexpected and a very nice treat!   Our Steward was very nice and friendly always addressing us by name.  How they do that STILL amazes me! Hey and who doesn't love the animal towels??? Love

We enjoyed all the shows that we saw.  The performers were great!  Very talented!  At home you'd pay high prices to see shows like these.

I highly recommend having Brunch at least one time.  It was very enjoyable, the food, as well as meeting new people your table.   Lunch on other days was always good too.  We usually chose to eat at one of the walk-up stations or Guy's Burgers, which if they have one of those on your ship, THAT is a must!!!  So I can't comment on the buffets, we skipped those.  We chose late dining and it was always very nice and  good.  We were sailing with a large group so we had lots of fun and they had seated us at the VERY back of the ship.  I guess they figured we might be a little noisy. lol   Service was a little slow and off at times...several times, but we just dealt with it in the tips.

The highlight of my cruise was my excursion, which was to swim with the Dolphins!  It was amazing and I loved every moment of it and I want to do it again!!!

I will say my only disappointment were that I hated the Muster Drill.  I know that no news. lol  I do understand that it is necessary, it was just SO HOT and people were just taking their sweet time getting to where they needed to be while the rest of us stood there forever.  Tossing them over board just kept running through my mind. lol   Also, the hair dryer was a joke! I will bring my own next time.   Last of all......4 days is not long enough!!!  I was just getting in the grove and they made me get off the boat Sad   So I just know that my next cruise, that I'm already looking into will be a 7 day cruise. Big Smile

For all the "iffy" stuff before I read about sailing on the Triumph, I have to say that I didn't see one single problem or concern.  She/He is a fine ship in my eyes!  She/he gave me the cruise of a life time and I'll always remember it!!! Big Smile

Cruise Photos

Cabin was nice. Bathroom was larger than expected. Didn't care for the hair dryer. Loved the balcony!!!! Over all it was great! :0)
New Orleans, Louisiana
I live here so I'm biased. It's a fun city! Lots to do and see. Just do your research!
Swimming with the Dolphins on our Excursion was the highlight of our visit. We only had one day, so I hope to come back again and see more!

I had done a lot of research before my first cruise and always heard that the walls are metal, to bring magnetic hooks to hang your lanyard etc. The walls are not metal on the Triumph. The front door is however! We were able to hang a sign on our cabin door to mark it so that it was easy to find.