Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

First time cruiser and LOVED it

Sail Date: December 14, 2015

The staff were all really great!  Getting on the ship went smoothly and then you wait in a little airport waiting room area where you can view the itinerary for the first day and just relax until boarding.  I highly recommend giving all of your luggage to a steward instead of lugging it up there yourself.  They are wonderful!

Once on board, the staff walk around and offer you pre-made Bahama Mamas for $8.00 and it's very easy to say yes.  They constantly come back and check on you so you never have to leave the lounge chair if you don't want to.  The bar staff are pretty nice, but the dinner staff in the Paris dining room went above and beyond even the best customer service I've received in my 30(ish) years.

Our room attendants were also wonderful and like the dining staff, always called us by name!  The prices are high on everything drink wise, but it is what it is.  Plan accordingly.  Some of my group did the drink ticket and were happy they did.  I can't drink that much and saved money by not doing the drink ticket.

The food itself was very delicious and they had a large variety including vegetarian.  Lobster is offered for an additional $20.  I Ketut was the name of my room attendant and Erik and Erica were the dinner attendants whose names I remember.

Room service often took longer than I thought it would so sometimes it was just quicker to walk to the Lido deck and either eat there or bring the food back to your room.  If you can get a room on the Lido deck (deck 9) DO IT!  go ahead and pay the extra money for a balcony, it's absolutely worth it!

This room is advertised and being able to be spilt into 2 twins, but the attendant said it was impossible due to there not being enough room. So if that is what you need, this is not the room for you. We had three single women so two slept together and the other in the upper pullman. All of them are comfortable.

Get the Indian vegetarian dish if it's on the menu. Not a vegetarian, no problem! You can order multiple entrees and combine them. You can also order multiple deserts! Try the melting chocolate cate.